Wednesday, May 23, 2018

And the results are in...

I know there is way more to teaching than big tests. I wish there were no big tests. In 8th grade this year my students had pre- and post-tests both semesters, interims, PSAT, CoGat and EOCs. Many of my students take an extra Biology class before school so they also had a Biology EOC. Way too many tests.

However, I am proud that my students knocked the socks off their Algebra 1 EOC test this year. All of my students (except 1) made an A or a B! The only student that didn't make a B or higher scored a 75. Sadly, he tapped out after Spring Break. He is a smart kid so it is frustrating he didn't try harder. Either way, 98% of my students did amazing and I couldn't be prouder!

Today is the last day of school and I have mixed emotions. Sad to see some of these students go, but happy to turn off the alarm! I love my summers off with my son. Today is the end of 2nd grade for him and he can't wait to be upstairs with the "big kids" next year. This year had it's challenges (see last post) but all in all, it was a good one! I even had perfect attendance! What?! Clearly, I need to take some mental health days next year!

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment